Monday, March 10, 2014

An A+, but not in school!

Having spent a consider amount of time in tech support, I've always enjoyed helping people and being the bridge between the tech stuff that is making them crazy and getting things back to the way they should be.

I've never gotten any computer credential in the past, because back in the day a little experience in the real world went a long way.  That has changed now, I believe, so I'm currently pursuing getting an A+ CompTIA credential.

It'll be good to get up to date on a lot of things I haven't had a lot of experience with, such as printers, mobile, etc. and even in the learning materials I've run across so far it's been an interesting walk back through memory lane for a lot of things that tried to become standard but didn't work so well....anyone remember Windows Millenial version?  I didn't think so......

As a study aid, and in the interests of maybe helping anyone else who might be doing the same thing, I'm thinking of posting my notes here.....it'll be a good way to keep my nose to the grindstone, and burn some of this arcane stuff into my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment